Read-Aloud "Quiet" by Susan Cain
At the Read-Aloud Sg Book Club's August meetup, we're reading passages from Susan Cain's "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking".
Copies of the book will be around. If you've already read it, come by and discuss what you think about the book.
For the read-aloud, we'll be focusing on the following chapters:
- A note on the word introvert and extrovert
- Chap 1: The rise of the "mighty likeable fellow": How extroversion became the cultural ideal
- Chap 9: When should you act more extroverted than you really are?
- Chap 8: Soft power: Asian-Americans and the Extrovert Ideal
- Chap 11: On cobblers and generals: How to cultivate quiet kids in a world that can't hear them
This event is co-organised by library@orchard.
- The event description was updated. Diff 2016-08-12 10:05:11
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM SGT
Let us know you're coming FULL
- Venue Address
- #03-12 Orchard Gateway Singapore
At the semi-circle wooden "coliseum"
Read-Aloud Sg Book Club103 Followers